Generation Z and iGen Info
Emerging Consumers, Employees, and Citizens
Jason Dorsey and The Center for Generational Kinetics are the #1 experts, speakers, and researchers on Millennials and Generation Z. Their research uncovers hidden insights and specific solutions that unlock the potential of Gen Z and Millennials as customers and employees. Jason’s research clients include many of the biggest brands in the world. Contact Jason to request more info on his custom Gen Z and Millennial research solutions.
What You Need to Know About Generation Z and iGen
Generation Z has officially arrived. Also known as iGen, Centennials, and Founders, the oldest members of this emerging generation are 20 years old.
This huge, diverse generation is the fastest growing group of employees, customers, and voters. Gen Z also thinks and acts VERY different than their Millennial predecessors. In fact, Gen Z states that “they don’t want to end up like Millennials.”
Gen Z is already the most influential group of technology trendsetters. They offer an accurate glimpse into the future of communication, banking, shopping, learning, voting, working, investing, and much more.
Gen Z’s emergence is challenging managers, employers, salespeople, marketers, companies, and even their own parents (who are Generation X and Millennials).
Jason and The Center for Generational Kinetics solve the Gen Z challenge through original quantitative and qualitative research that dives deep into Gen Z’s mindset and behaviors from multiple angles.
You can access the latest Generation Z research, findings, and strategies at GenHQ.com/igen.
How Gen Z Are Changing Shopping and Work
Jason’s research team at The Center for Generational Kinetics is leading groundbreaking research on Gen Z’s attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors.
Here are a few surprising stats uncovered by their research this year:
- Gen Z makes Millennials look old: Gen Z thinks people should receive their first smartphone at age 13 versus Millennials, Gen X, and Baby Boomers who on average think 18 is more appropriate.
- New social media rules: Gen Z selected Vine, Instagram, and Twitter as their top three social media sites. Facebook didn’t even make it in their top five, but 44% of iGen said Facebook is good for any age, from their own generation to their grandparents.
- Gen Z isn’t worried about online privacy: Gen Z is much more comfortable than other generations about using technology like mobile payment apps and social media.
- They have a dismal view of the state of the country: Only 26% of Gen Z say that they trust our elected officials and only 24% feel the economy and the U.S. is headed in the right direction.
- Gen Z doesn’t want to be like Millennials: Gen Z is growing up to look more like their practical Gen X parents than their wide-eyed Millennial predecessors. Raised in the aftermath of the recession, Gen Z witnessed the struggle of their parents and older siblings and saw the downfall of Millennials’ perspective that success would be handed to them on a silver platter.
Download our complete research findings below.
Get the Latest Gen Z Research Here
Jason and his research team at The Center for Generational Kinetics are passionate about unlocking the power of every generation.
Click the links below to download the complete Generation Z research findings from each study.
Gen Z Tech Disruption: 2016 National Study on Technology and the Generation After Millennials
- White Paper: Gen Z Tech Disruption
- Infographic: The Generation After Millennials Will Change How You Use Technology
- Infographic: Is Gen Z’s Self-Worth Determined by Social Media?
- Press Release: Announcing the findings on Gen Z’s tech disruption with quotes from the research team
Gen Z’s Political & Civic Outlook: 2016 National Study on the Unexpected Viewpoints of the Generation After Millennials
- White Paper: Gen Z’s Political and Civil Outlook
- Infographic: Gen Z’s Stance on Politics
- Press Release: Announcing the findings on Gen Z’s political stance with quotes from the research team
More Gen Z Resources, FAQs, and How-To for You
- Watch Jason’s TEDx talk that went viral
- Get answers to the Top 10 FAQs about Gen Z
- Read more articles written by The Center about Gen Z
The Center will be releasing more Generation Z research findings throughout 2016 and 2017. Be the first to get access to this new research by joining Jason’s newsletter now.
Gen Z Expert Interviews and Media
To schedule an interview with Jason Dorsey, the leading Gen Z expert, contact his friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 512-259-6877.
Click here to request more information about Jason’s custom Gen Z and Millennial research solutions.
Click to download the complete Gen Z white paper from Jason’s 2016 national research study on Gen Z Tech Disruption.
Click to read about The Center’s groundbreaking research on Gen Z in this Washington Post feature story.